We Are The Federal Criminal Appeals Law Firm
Wyoming Federal Appellate Attorney Call 1-800-APPEALS
The Appellate Law Office of Stephen N. Preziosi is a boutique Federal Criminal Appeals law firm handling Federal Appeals in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. While many law firms handle a wide range of legal matters or criminal matters, we only do Federal Criminal Appeals. Federal convictions carry a wide range of serious penalties, including restitution, fines and often a jail sentence. If you have been convicted of a federal crime and are subject to any of these penalties, you need to call the law firm that handles only Federal Criminal Appeals. Our exclusive practice gives us intimate knowledge of the issues you are facing. We will give you a free consultation and a thorough explanation of the Federal Criminal Appeals process.
Federal Criminal Appeals in Wyoming are argued before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, which includes federal criminal appeals coming from Cheyenne, Casper, Laramie, Gillette, and Rock Springs. Our federal appeals lawyers focus on Federal Criminal Appeals in Wyoming, and in all federal appellate courts throughout the United States, and in the United States Supreme Court. We represent clients with criminal convictions involving violations of the RICO Act, the Hobbs Act, the False Claims Act, and those stemming from drug conspiracy, drug trafficking, drug possession, weapons possession and many other types of convictions. Most importantly, we handle appeals of cases that are resolved both by plea or after trial.
Wyoming Federal Criminal Appeals In The Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Some of the federal criminal appeals we have handles are as follows:
- White-collar crimes including bank fraud, bribery, conspiracy, corporate fraud, credit card fraud, identity theft, insider trading, money laundering, public corruption, and securities fraud;
- Mail fraud and wire fraud;
- Drug crimes including conspiracy, manufacturing, trafficking, distribution, possession, and selling illegal controlled and non-controlled substances and narcotics;
- Firearm, explosives, and ammunition crimes including importing, producing, and selling guns and ammo across state lines;
- Gang prosecutions, extortion, kidnapping, and loan sharking;
- Heath care fraud including knowingly making false and fraudulent Medicare and Medicaid claims;
- Major crimes including arson, bank robberies, burglary, larceny, murder, and thefts; and
- Violent crimes including assault with intent to commit murder, manslaughter, and murder.
Successful Federal Criminal Appeals in Wyoming: We Are The Federal Criminal Appeals Law Firm
Federal criminal appeals in Wyoming are challenging and complex. Each Federal Circuit Court of Appeals has its own procedural rules and substantive laws, which must be followed during the appellate process, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals in Wyoming is no different. Our federal criminal appeals lawyers are award-winning writers and orators. We pay attention to detail because detail is what is required when arguing a federal criminal appeal before The Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. Your federal criminal appeal requires experienced counsel and our attorneys can help.
Identifying Appealable Issues in Federal Criminal Appeals is Our Business
We are experts at identifying legal issues in every federal appeal, and we persuasively craft and present appealable issues stemming from pre-trial motions and hearings, the trial, and the sentencing hearing. Appealable issues take many forms, such as constitutional issues, procedural issues and evidentiary issues. They also include the following:
- Right to Effective Assistance of Counsel (6th Amendment); and
- Excessive Sentencing and Cruel and Unusual Punishment (8th Amendment).
- Miranda Rights (5th Amendment);
- Evidentiary Rules (Federal Rules of Evidence);
- Home searches, business searches, and curtilage searches (4th Amendment);
- Arrest Warrants (4th Amendment);
- Due Process Rights (5th Amendment);
- Search and Seizure Statutes (4th Amendment);
- U.S. Sentencing Guidelines;
- Dog sniff searches (4th Amendment);
The Key to a Successful Federal Criminal Appeal in Wyoming is the Appellate Brief
The best federal appeals lawyers in Wyoming and across the United States combine well-written briefs with a detailed review of the trial court transcripts; errors and omissions are located in the record and time spent scrutinizing the trial transcripts is well worth the effort. The federal criminal appeals lawyers at the Appellate Law Office of Stephen N. Preziosi leave no stone unturned and every inch of the trial record is scrutinized for error.
Winning Federal Criminal Appeals
We pride ourselves on crafting superior federal criminal appellate briefs before The Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. Our lawyers have won multiple awards for superb writing and oral argument. Arguing before a panel of appellate judges is not for the faint of heart. However, for the Appellate Law Office of Stephen N. Preziosi, oral argument is about strategically channeling the judges to focus on how the appellant’s rights were denied, violated, or ignored in the court below.
Federal Criminal Appeals in Wyoming and the Waiver of Appeal
One question that people constantly ask is whether they can file a federal criminal appeal despite having signed a waiver of the right to appeal as part of a plea agreement. The answer is, yes; it is sometimes possible depending on the terms of the waiver agreement and incarceration.
A waiver of appeals is typically part of a settlement agreement between the defendant and the prosecution. Our clients who have pleaded guilty and signed a waiver are not necessarily prevented from appealing their cases because a waiver of appeals is not always applicable or enforceable. Our experienced federal criminal appeals attorneys will review the waiver and determine whether the judge has acted outside of the boundaries of the terms contained in the agreement. If the trial judge has gone beyond the parameters of the waiver, the Appellate Law Office of Stephen N. Preziosi has all the more chance of winning on appeal.