Nebraska Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys: Navigate the Appellate Process With Success
We Are Federal Criminal Appeals
We are a boutique law firm that handles only Federal Criminal Appeals. We have extensive experience in the area of Federal Criminal Appeals. We know Federal Criminal law and how to apply and assert those laws in your favor. Knowing and understanding your rights after you have been convicted of a Federal Crime is, by necessity, the place you must start. Consult with expert Federal Criminal Appellate lawyers that will inform you and develop an individualized strategy for your case. Whether you took a plea or went to trial, the first step in a successful Federal Criminal Appeal is being informed and hiring the Appellate Lawyers with the right experience. Failure to inform yourself or arm your self with the right legal representation often results in fundamental rights being overlooked or ignored, “life, liberty or property” taken without due process of law. There are numerous pitfalls and procedures that are unique to Federal Appeals Courts. Call us for a Free consultation and know your rights before you get on the wrong track. Call 1-800-APPEALS
If you have been convicted of a Federal Criminal charge, you might have the right to seek some of the following post-conviction relief:
- A new trial or hearing;
- A new or reduced sentenced;
- Leniency, clemency or a pardon;
- Overturning a judgment or conviction;
- Habeas Corpus;
- Early termination of probation; and
- Expungement and restoration of civil rights.
That is where we come in. Our boutique Federal Criminal Appeals Law Firm devotes its entire practice to defending the rights of our individual and corporate clients in complex federal criminal appeals. We are admitted to practice in the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court. Therefore, we can represent your interests from the start of the appeal process to the end. So, if you were convicted in the United States District Court in the District of Nebraska whether you were convicted in Lincoln, Omaha or North Platte or your case originated elsewhere in Nebraska, our federal criminal appeals attorneys are ready to put their experience behind you. We take pride in spotting the human and legal errors that led to your conviction and highlighting them on appeal. Some of the most common issues include the following:
- Evidence gathered using defective Warrants or illegal Search and Seizures (4th Amendment);
- Evidence admitted in violation of the Federal Rules of Evidence;
- Due Process Violations which led to a legally deficient and unfair trial (5th Amendment);
- Errors caused by Ineffective Assistance of Counsel (6th Amendment); and
- Excessive, Cruel or Unusual Punishment (8th Amendment).
Contact our Nebraska federal criminal appeals lawyers for a free consultation at 1-800-APPEALS.
Knowledgeable Nebraska Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys Exercise Your Rights on Appeal
The federal criminal appeals attorneys at the Appellate Law Office of Stephen N. Preziosi understand the process and procedure. Through our many years of experience, we have seen how the government devotes enormous amounts of time to gather evidence, build a case and then employ “scare tactics” to encourage a plea bargain. For those whose refuse, the trial process is long and tedious often times resulting in a long list of convictions. Our federal criminal appeals attorneys have experience dealing with some of the most common convictions including the following:
- Controlled substances crimes including manufacturing, distribution, trafficking, possession, importing, producing, diversion, distribution, conspiracy and selling involving methamphetamine, cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, heroin LSD and other narcotics;
- Violent crimes such as assaults on federal officers and employees, homicides, weapons charges, bank robberies, arson and sexual exploitation of both minors and adults;
- Computer crimes such as sexual exploitation of children, Internet child pornography, computer intrusions, copyright and trademark violations, theft of trade secrets, identity theft, Internet fraud and human trafficking;
- Immigration crimes and violations including charges involving illegal reentry into the United States by previously deported felons, identity theft, the illegal production and sale of identification documents and employers charged with hiring persons in the country illegally; and
- White-collar crimes such as corporate and financial institution fraud, bankruptcy fraud, mail fraud, healthcare fraud, computer fraud, agricultural program fraud, public corruption, as well as violations of the nation’s environmental laws.
Nebraska Federal Criminal Appeals Lawyers Raise Appealable Issues Neglected in the Trial Court
Regarding appeals, it is important to understand that the outcome of an appeal depends in large part on the trial court record, the appellate strategy and the written appellate brief submitted to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. While a decision on appeal may not be rendered for months, time is of the essence to preserve your right to appeal and then perfect your appeal by filing an appellate brief. For example, you must file a Notice of Appeal within 14-days of the entry of the judgment or order that you are appealing to preserve your right to appeal.
Seek the help that you deserve to evaluate your case and defend your rights on appeal. Contact the federal criminal appeals attorneys at our office. We will help you understand what happened during pre-trial, trial and sentencing, help you develop an appellate strategy and write a compelling appellate brief to right the wrong. We will dedicate the time and resources necessary to thoroughly review the trial court record, to analyze the arguments & evidence and to research the applicable law in order to present your strongest and most persuasive arguments on appeal.
Experienced Nebraska Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys Know the Ropes
The final step in the appellate process is oral argument, which is usually ordered by the court. We prefer oral argument so that we can clarify your position, answer any questions and polish key points face-to-face with the judges who will decide your appeal. The federal criminal appeals attorneys at our office are seasoned professionals with extensive knowledge and experience in post-conviction appeals and understand the importance and impact that oral argument can have on the outcome of your federal criminal appeal.
Don’t get shuffled through the criminal justice system.