Ohio Federal Criminal Appeals Lawyers Safeguarding Your Constitutional Rights
Federal Criminal Appeals In Ohio And The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
We are a boutique law firm that handles only Federal Criminal Appeals. We put our experience to work for you in the area of Federal Criminal Appeals and protect all of your rights in the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. The Constitution of the United States of America assures to everyone due process of law, especially in the process of a Federal Criminal Appeal. This is a broad concept that regulates the methods and manners in which the government can act when they suspect that a crime has been committed. Due process of law applies not only to the trial, but it also applies to the pre-trial investigations, arrests, indictments, the admission of evidence, the instructions given to juries, and the manner in which the trial and appellate process are conducted. Despite the constitutional safeguards, mistakes are made because judges are busy, juries are often disinterested, and prosecutors take shortcuts. Do not despair, you have the right to appeal to a higher court of law.
If you feel that you or someone that you know was wrongfully convicted or improperly sentenced after a federal criminal crime, we can help. The federal criminal appeals lawyers at our firm have experience successfully raising some of the most common legal errors affecting a criminal conviction including the following:
- Fourth Amendment issues involving undercover officers, confidential police informants, illegal tracking of your automobile, boat, or plane, illegal wiretaps or your phone or computer, and illegally obtained evidence improperly admitted;
- Fifth Amendment violations such as denial of equal treatment, forced or coerced confessions, or Miranda Rights violations;
- Sixth Amendment errors such as deprival of a speedy and public trial, denial of your right to confront adverse witnesses, and ineffective assistance of counsel;
- Eighth Amendment violations such as the misapplication of federal sentencing guidelines resulting in an increased or unreasonable sentence or amounting to cruel and unusual punishment; and
- Convictions based upon improperly admitted or tainted evidence.
Contact our Ohio federal appeals lawyers at 1-800-APPPEALS.
Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys Serving Ohio
Appealing a federal criminal conviction is about uncovering the legal errors that occurred during the entire federal criminal procedure. It means reviewing the trial court record in order to uncover Constitutional issues, violations, and other legal errors that resulted in your improper federal criminal conviction, sentence, or both. But, you must file a Notice of Appeal within 14 days from the date when your sentence was imposed, and then thereafter file and submit a written appellate brief.
We are a boutique law firm devoting its entire practice to defending the constitutionally protected rights applicable to individual and corporate clients in complex federal criminal appeals. We are admitted to practice in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States. So, whether your conviction and sentence originated in Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, Columbus, or anywhere throughout the state of Ohio, we can help. We have experience representing clients with federal criminal convictions, including but not limited to, the following:
- National security, human rights, organized crime, public corruption, and RICO crimes;
- Simple and Complex Fraud including mail fraud, wire fraud, healthcare fraud, bank fraud, identify theft, and fraud targeting federal programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, and private health insurance providers;
- Public Safety crimes including terrorism, environmental crimes, property crimes, and pornography;
- Drug and Narcotics crimes such as manufacturing, distribution, trafficking, importing, possession, importing, producing, diversion, distribution, and selling of controlled substances and narcotics; and
- General crimes involving the mail, crimes committed on federal property, counterfeiting of U.S. currency, credit card fraud, computer crimes, and customs violations.
Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys Protect the Process and Procedure
The Federal Criminal Appeals attorneys our firm combine time-tested experience in the area of Federal Criminal Appeals with the latest technology to get the job done. We will spend the time necessary to craft a plan of attack, to discuss the finer points of your case, and to uncover the legal errors that led to your conviction and sentence. Once our strategy is established, we will write, refine, and rewrite a compelling appellate brief which complies with the highest standards of the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Federal Criminal Appeals Lawyers Put Your Best Foot Forward
The last step involves an oral argument before the panel of appellate judges. The federal criminal appeals attorneys at our firm prefer to discuss the case with the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals to make sure that they recognize your position, the problems, and the possible outcomes necessary to right the wrong. In short, we want the Court to understand that we believe that justice does not, and cannot, rest on legal errors.