Kentucky Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys: Advocates With Impact In The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
We Are Federal Criminal Appeals
Our firm handles Federal Criminal Appeals exclusively. We are experienced in handling a broad array of Federal Criminal issues in all Federal Circuit Courts and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. When the trial is over, the verdict is guilty, and a harsh sentence has been handed down, many are left feeling that they were wrongfully convicted based on a mistake, a lack of evidence, or even that the punishment does not fit the crime. And, many in the same position have given-up hope because they did not know that they have the right to appeal their federal criminal conviction. Do not despair. A Federal Criminal conviction is not the end; there is hope, and there are options available. It is imperative to contact experienced federal criminal appeals lawyers. We can help you develop a plan for the next stage of your case. We will give you the best advice on a post conviction strategy.
We are a boutique law firm devoting its entire practice to defending individual and corporate clients in complex federal criminal appeals. We are admitted to practice in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States. So, whether your conviction and sentence originated in Covington, Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Warsaw, Pikeville, or anywhere throughout the state of Kentucky, we can help. We have experience representing clients with federal criminal convictions, including but not limited to, the following:
- Economic and Health Care Fraud including bank fraud, mortgage fraud, investment fraud, tax fraud, identity theft, and fraud committed by corporate and individual defendants against Medicare, Medicaid, and private health insurance providers;
- Drug and Gang Crimes such as manufacturing, distribution, trafficking, importing, possession, importing, producing, diversion, distribution, and selling of controlled substances and narcotics;
- Computer and Technology Crimes such as cyber-attacks, data breaches, botnets, malicious computer viruses, logic bombs, theft of trade secrets, copyright, and trademark violations;
- Government Fraud, Public Corruption, and Environmental Crimes; and
- General crimes including bank robberies, child exploitation, firearms offenses, airport crimes, and counterfeit currency offenses.
Contact our Kentucky federal appeals lawyers at 1-800-APPPEALS.
Federal Criminal Appeals Lawyers Bring a Broader Perspective to the Process
During trial, the process and procedure is about uncovering and proving facts in a court of law. However, the process of appeal is about reviewing the record and bringing to light Constitutional issues, violations, and other legal errors that resulted in your improper federal criminal conviction. The federal criminal appeals lawyers at our boutique law firm have experience successfully raising some of the most common legal errors affecting a criminal conviction including the following:
- Fourth Amendment issues regarding undercover police officers, confidential informants, illegal GPS tracking and wiretaps, and illegally obtained evidence improperly admitted;
- Fifth Amendment due process errors such as denial of equal treatment under the law, convictions based upon a coerced or forced confession, and violations of your Constitutionally protected Miranda Rights;
- Sixth Amendment abuses such as deprival of the right to a speedy and public trial, denial of your right to confront adverse witnesses, and errors due to attorneys errors;
- Eighth Amendment legal errors such as the misapplication of the United States Sentencing Guidelines, improper Guideline calculation, adjustments resulting in an increased or unreasonable sentence, problems with supervised release, or cruel and unusual punishment; and
- Convictions based upon improperly admitted hearsay evidence, insufficient evidence, failure to disclose exculpatory evidence, or supported by prosecutorial misconduct.
Skilled Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys Raise Strong Appealable Issues
Uncovering the errors that tainted your federal criminal conviction is a time-consuming task. The trial court record must be reviewed, evaluated, and analyzed including the indictment, the evidence, and everything that was said during the trial. The challenge is that appellants have only 45 days to uncover legal issues, to outline a strategy, and to write a clear, concise, and compelling appellate brief. The federal criminal appeals attorneys at our boutique firm have the tools, the talent, and the technology to expose the most important errors that led to your illegal conviction or sentence.
Proficient Federal Criminal Appeals Lawyers Personalize Your Case at Oral Argument
In conjunction with the appellate brief, the federal criminal appeals attorneys at our firm prefer to appear before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals to orally argue the case on your behalf. Why? Because we feel that this helps personify and personalize your plight in the eyes of the judges. In addition, we want to assure that the Court understands the finer points and nuances of your case. In short, we want the Court to understand that we all believe that justice does not, and cannot, rest on legal errors.