Virginia Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys: We Can Help
Federal Criminal Appeals In Virginia And In The Fourth Circuit Court Of Appeals: We Fight for the Post-Conviction Relief You Deserve
We are experienced federal criminal appeals attorneys equipped with the expert knowledge and skills you need for a successful appeal, whether it involves a federal conviction, unfair sentencing, or any other injustices. We serve Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Richmond, Newport News, Alexandria, Hampton and all areas of Virginia where federal criminal charges may arise. We are admitted to practice in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as the Supreme Court of the United States. We can represent you in appealing your federal criminal conviction originating in Virginia and, if necessary, we will take your federal criminal appeal to the United States Supreme Court. Many of our clients have received post-conviction relief such as:
- A direct appeal of your conviction, sentence or both;
- A collateral appeal raising issues outside of the trial court record;
- Motions for reconsideration seeking an acquittal, a new trial, an arrest of judgment or a sentence modification;
- Section 2255 motions to vacate a conviction or sentence based upon new evidence;
- Motions for leniency, clemency or a pardon;
- Motion seeking modification of probation; and
- Motions seeking to expunge your criminal record, and
- Writs of Habeas Corpus
For a Virginia federal criminal appeals attorney, call 1-800-APPEALS.
If you have just been handed down a disheartening sentence and you feel as though your trial was handled unfairly or you defense attorney did not take all the necessary steps to provide the best outcome for your case, you need to consult a federal criminal appeals attorney today. You should not have to deal with harsh consequences that occurred due to the mistakes of others. Issues that often occur include ineffective assistance of counsel, errors in jury instructions, evidence that should not have been admissible, and many more. You can never recover the time lost defending yourself and the mark on your criminal record stays with you long after your finish serving your sentence. But there is a silver lining. You might have a right to seek relief challenging the legality of your conviction, sentence or both, and we can help.
No case is too big or too small for our federal criminal appeals lawyers. We have experience in a wide-range of federal criminal appeals including the following:
- Drug crimes, firearm crimes and money laundering;
- Robbery, home invasion, felons in possession of firearms, assaults on federal agents, kidnapping, bank robbery and armored car robbery;
- Major fraud including deceptive accounting, insider trading, falsification of corporate financial information, identify theft, tax evasion, insurance fraud, bank fraud, wire & mail fraud, mortgage fraud and fraud committed against federal agencies;
- Human smuggling, international organized crime, gang activity, immigration crimes and RICO violations;
- Health care fraud, procurement fraud, illegal diversion or dispensation of prescription drugs and bankruptcy;
- Terrorism and national security violations;
- Public corruption, export and customs violations, child exploitation and environmental crimes; and
- Passport and visa fraud, counterfeiting of currency, impersonating federal agents, fraud involving Social Security, the Veterans Administration and the Postal Service.
Virginia Federal Criminal Appeals Lawyers Carefully Review the Trial Record for Legal Errors
We are federal criminal appeals. Our attorneys are devoted to fight for justice. For convictions that come from Virginia, the higher court is the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Unlike the trial court where there is only one judge, there is a panel of experienced and extremely knowledgeable judges who will be looking for prejudicial legal errors that negatively affected the outcome of your case. A direct appeal is your best first-step in challenging the legality of your conviction, sentence or both. In a direct appeal, you are asking a higher court to review all of the documents, evidence, testimony and discussions between the court and the attorneys to assure that you were not denied due process of law.
With more than a decade of appellate practice and experience finding and raising constitutional issues and violations, we have perfected the craft of arguing appealable issues including the following:
- 4th Amendment issues involving undercover officers, confidential police informants, illegal tracking of your automobile, boat, or plane, illegal wiretaps or your phone or computer and illegally obtained evidence improperly admitted;
- 5th Amendment violations such as denial of equal treatment, forced or coerced confessions or Miranda Rights violations;
- 6th Amendment errors such as deprival of a speedy and public trial, denial of your right to confront adverse witnesses and ineffective assistance of counsel;
- 8th Amendment violations such as the misapplication of federal sentencing guidelines resulting in an increased or unreasonable sentence or amounting to cruel and unusual punishment; and
- Convictions based upon improperly admitted or tainted evidence.
It is crucial that you not only take the necessary steps in the process of appealing your federal conviction, but that you present your appealable arguments in the best form possible. Your appellate brief must be well organized and well written. That is where our federal appeals attorneys can help. Your arguments must be concise, analytic and supported by statutory and case law. We understand criminal law, evidentiary law and the nuances of constitutional law necessary for success.
Virginia Federal Criminal Appeals Attorneys are on Your Side
We work hard to give you the best post-conviction relief possible. There is no case too big or too small for our federal criminal appeals lawyers to handle. Upon review of the trial court record, we will discuss with you in detail the entire federal criminal appeals process to give you a better understanding of what will occur next. Our strategies to research in depth for legal arguments, craft effective briefs, and present persuasive oral arguments to a panel of judges in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals or before the United State Supreme Court will push you toward a successful federal criminal appeal.
Our federal criminal appeals lawyers don’t give up. Call 1-800-APPEALS and speak with one of our experienced appellate attorneys about your case and your options.